Ethereum Classic has recently been experiencing a resurgence of interest and activity, largely due to the influx of miners who had to find alternative ways to generate income following Ethereum’s shift to the Proof-of-Stake consensus protocol. With its attractive combination of a reliable blockchain and an active community, Ethereum Classic provides plenty of opportunities to businesses that want to stay ahead of the curve and take advantage of the rapidly growing cryptocurrency market. For instance, brick-and-mortar stores can use NOWPayments to accept Ethereum Classic as a payment method.
- A Point-of-Sale terminal is a convenient solution for deploying ETC payments.
- ETC can help businesses to get rid of high fees and delays in payments.
- Offline stores can accept ETC payments using NOWPayments’ POS terminal.
What is Point-of-Sale?
A Point-of-Sale terminal is a convenient payment processing system that equips brick-and-mortar retailers with the capability to accept payments from consumers.
The distinguishing characteristic of NOWPayments’ Point of Sale system is its purely web-based architecture. In other words, NOWPayments’ POS terminal does not require purchasing any kind of proprietary hardware, as it can be deployed on any web-enabled device. Here are some of its key advantages:
- It automatically updates the grand total in ETC based on the most recent exchange rate.
- It charges a fee of 0.5% for every transaction processed.
- It is quick and capable of completing transactions in seconds.
- It is anonymous.
- It can be integrated with NOWPayments’ crypto-to-fiat conversion feature, enabling businesses to charge their customers in ETC but receive the final amount in fiat.
Why Is Ethereum Classic a Good Payment Tool?
One of the greatest advantages of Ethereum Classic (ETC) for online businesses is the absence of any limits to the number of daily transactions. This means that businesses can process a large volume of transactions quickly and efficiently. Furthermore, Ethereum Classic coin transactions can be made from anywhere in the world, as long as the individual has an internet connection.
This makes it a great payment option for international customers, as well as for businesses that want to scale quickly. The flexibility of ETC makes it an attractive option for businesses looking for a universally available payment solution.
Ethereum Classic offers a high level of privacy for its users. It does not require them to reveal their identity or go through Know-Your-Customer procedures. Built-in privacy features of ETC allow users to remain anonymous while using the coin.
Thus, the Ethereum Classic crypto ensures that its users are able to securely and privately conduct transactions without worrying about their identity being compromised. All in all, Ethereum Classic is a great platform for those looking to protect their personal information while enjoying the benefits of the blockchain.
Businesses can capitalize on the massive community of Ethereum Classic by deploying an ETC payment gateway. By doing so, these companies can instantly turn all ETC crypto holders into potential customers, allowing them to purchase goods and services using the Ethereum Classic coin.
Not only does this open up new markets, but it also gives companies the opportunity to tap into the potential of the crypto economy and create innovative services and products.
Lower expenses and faster transactions
Using ETC transactions can be extremely beneficial for businesses, as they are quite inexpensive and cost less than $1 on average. Thanks to the lower transaction expenses, businesses can bring down their operating costs and consequently reduce the prices they charge their customers.
This can lead to increased customer loyalty. Additionally, ETC cryptocurrency payments are processed extremely quickly letting merchants forget about delays.
How Can I Accept Ethereum Classic in My Offline Store?
NOWPayments’ POS terminal is an excellent tool for accepting Ethereum Classic token payments for offline stores. Follow these steps to set up your POS system:
- Create a NOWPayments account by entering your email and password.
- Type in your ETC public address.
- Go to “Settings” on the left sidebar, press “Payment settings,” and add a new API key if it has not been generated automatically.
- Go back to “Settings” and then press “Coins settings.” Choose ETC from the list of cryptocurrencies.
- Next, go to “Payment Tools” and click “POS Terminal link.” Create your POS link by adding your custom line of text to the POS link.
- Enter your terminal link in the address bar and load the page. Specify the total order price, pick the ETC coin from the list of available payment options, and generate your Payment Link. Your clients will be able to pay by scanning the QR code.
NOWPayments is a trusted ETC payment gateway, letting any brick-and-mortar establishment accept Ethereum Classic as a payment method.
Learn More about Ethereum Classic Payments
- Ethereum Classic vs Ethereum PoW: which is better for payments?
- Why should you send bonuses in Ethereum Classic
- Ethereum (ETH 2.0) and Ethereum Classic: which one is better for payments?
- Ethereum Classic payments via API
- Benefits of accepting Ethereum Classic on WooCommerce
- Fiat-to-Ethereum Classic payments
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) and e-commerce plugins
- Brick-and-mortar stores accepting Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- 5 ways to boost your business using Ethereum Classic
- Top 10 Ethereum Classic Influencers
- Why accept Ethereum Classic?
- What is Ethereum Classic?
- Ethereum vs. Ethereum Classic: What’s the difference?
- Benefits of donations in Ethereum Classic