Author: Milko TV
Suppose you have been curious about using the Ecwid ecommerce platform to build an online store and start accepting cryptocurrency payments through it. In that case, you might have come across a wall or a blockade where you have not been quite as able to quickly and efficiently implement them as a payment option.
Today, we are going to go over just about everything you need to know when it comes to using Ecwid, alongside NOWPayments, to accept many cryptocurrencies for your goods or services within a span of minutes. If you want to enable your Ecwid store to accept over 150 cryptocurrencies, follow our step-by-step guide in implementing Ecwid payments in crypto. Let’s dive in.
- Ecwid is essentially an ecommerce platform that serves over 200,000 clients on a global scale, from small and medium-sized businesses to just about any use case, where everyone has the ability to give customers access to their store from anywhere.
- Ecwid is a Software as a service tool that enables the merchant to access the software. However, they have to pay a fee in order to use it.
- NOWPayments, coupled with the Ecwid plugin and Ecwid payment options, allows customers to essentially add new payments in their store and accept over 150 cryptocurrencies as a payment method.
- You will be able to set up Ecwid with NOWPayments within the span of a few minutes and begin accepting cryptocurrencies in your store with ease by utilizing the Ecwid payment gateway integration.
What is Ecwid?
Ecwid (ECommerce WIDget) is essentially an ecommerce platform that aims to help any customer, from small to medium-sized businesses, to create bold and easy-to-use online stores, where they can begin selling their goods or services anywhere, and enable access to their store to any user, no matter where they are geographically located. It also enables many Ecwid payment methods, and can be connected with Ecwid payment gateways.
Ecwid is ideal for any business and has no setup charges, and it is utilized by thousands of merchants in over 175 countries.
Furthermore, Ecwid is a Software as a service (SaaS) tool, which means that users do not have direct ownership over the software but have to pay a fee in order to use it.
Benefits of Ecwid platform
There are numerous benefits surrounding the Ecwid platform that a lot of sellers online are leveraging in order to reach a broader audience and customer base, and these include:
- Instant access to a website
While using the Ecwid platform, you will be able to access a mobile-friendly one-page website that features a built-in Ecwid store, which is available to every single Ecwid user out-of-the-box. What this means is that all you have to do is create an account, add products to your store, and you are ready to sell.
- Social Media Sales Support
Ecwid will provide you with powerful tools through which you can start selling on Facebook, Instagram and, TikTok, Pinterest, WhatsApp, Snapchat, as well as any other online marketplace such as Google Shopping, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, as well as country-specific marketplaces, giving you the highest possible probability of reaching potential customers.
- Simple Plugin Installation process
You can utilize the Ecwid plugin with ease and combine it with the crypto payments solution NOWPayments as a means of enabling your store the ability to accept over 150 different cryptocurrencies within the span of minutes, which will ultimately lead to a higher level of availability for your products and services to users who exclusively prefer to pay with cryptocurrencies. This is how Ecwid payment processors can be utilized for crypto payments.
- Borderless payments
With the usage of the Ecwid platform, there are no limits when it comes to international payments, and this essentially means that the platform will allow customers to reach the store no matter where they are in, in person, browsing the store’s website, or browsing the different social media channels.
How to accept crypto on Ecwid?
With all of the aforementioned information in mind surrounding Ecwid crypto and Ecwid payment gateway options, if you have come to the conclusion that Ecwid is the right solution for you, we will now be going over a step-by-step procedure in how you can implement NOWPayments, and begin accepting over 150 cryptocurrencies within your store, and withdraw the cryptocurrencies in FIAT, within the span of a few minutes.
If you are curious about how to add crypto payments to Ecwid, this is what you need to do:
- Step 1: You will need to log into your Ecwid private cabinet.
- Step 2: Now, you can navigate through the link and install the Ecwid plugin, after which you will be able to generate an IPN secret key in the NOWPayments store settings panel.
- Step 3: You will now need to go to the “Payments” section on the left menu, click on “Actions,” and then choose the NOWPayments method. It is here that you can paste your previously copied IPN secret key, as well as the API.
- Step 4: You can now save the changes and begin accepting over 150 cryptocurrencies to your eCommerce store from anywhere in the world.
We have gone over just about everything you need to know surrounding how you can accept cryptocurrency payments on the Ecwid Plugin by leveraging the power of the NOWPayments service provider.
By adopting cryptocurrencies as a payment method that is an alternative to the traditional method, small and medium-sized businesses can essentially expand their overall business by targeting different customer segments.
The procedure through which this process is completed through the usage of the NOWPayments solution is simple and should only take a few minutes to accomplish by just about any store owner and user of the Ecwid plugin and platform.
Hopefully, now you have a high level of understanding surrounding the entire process and can begin accepting crypto payments in your specific store for goods or services and reach a target audience that was not available to you before, alongside all of the numerous benefits surrounding the usage of cryptocurrencies.