It is the end of the week, which means, we are bringing out a technical update! We work on adding new things to the service every day, and we want to share that with the world, in order to be more transparent with our clients!
So, here are some of the cool things we’ve done in the past week:
- New feature – payment cover.
This feature lets our merchants chose a percentage of the payments that they will consider as “finished”.
Here is an example to make you understand it better:
If you created a payment that is worth $10 and chose a 1% payment cover, then when a client sends you $9.90, his payment will still be considered as “finished”. This situation can occur if your client forgets to include the network fee into the amount that he is sending, so the fee is taken away from the full price of your product that he has sent.
It is important to note that the Payment cover percentage is calculated from the ‘Pay Price” parametre and is compared to the amount of cryptocurrency that the user sent in.
2. Payment markup.
This feature lets our merchants set an additional percentage to their payments.
An example: you’ve created a payment that is worth $100. Your payment markup is set to 5%. Your payment will be created for $105 in your chosen currency. This will help you as a merchant to avoid market risks and coin’s volatility.
It is important to note that if you are creating payments through API, then the percent will be added only if you don’t set the pay_amount yourself. All that you need to set is price_currency, price_amount, pay_currency, and the pay_amount will be automatically calculated considering the payment markup. We have upgraded the ‘get estimated price’ method.
3. We have renewed our status notifications for partially paid transactions. Now, you can see the amount of cryptocurrency that your client sent you in response to your status request or through the IPN.
4. We have upgraded our FAQ.
Read up on all the new information!
5. We have introduced new minimal payment amounts for BTC, ETH, DGB, LTC, XLM, XRP, ZEC, KMD, BNBMAINNET, DASH, TRX, DGD, EOS, XMR, BCH, ZEN, XZC, XVG, TUSD, QTUM, FUN, BTG, BCD, and BAT!
You can read more about it in our dedicated blogpost.
6. We have added an option to create custom donation links!
This was a feature developed especially for our Australian Fires relief campaign, you can check out the link here: nowpayments.io/donation/bushfire-relief
If you want to start accepting donations with a custom link, you can contact our Business Development Manager Team.
Whew! That was a lot of news. But we are not taking a rest! Here is what we are currently working on:
- A feature that will let you see the total amount of crypto that you have received through the API or with our WHMC and WOoCommerce plugins (in payment settings).
- The possibility to create several payout wallets.
- Adding new supported coins – WAVES and ETC! We always strive to bring our merchants as many options as possible.
- A new feature that will let your clients pay for one order with several transactions.
- Two-factor authentification.
That is it for today, we hope you are just as excited about our recent and upcoming updates as we are! If you need any help with integration or have any technical questions, you are always welcome to contact the NOWPayments Business Development Team. Learn the previous technical updates of our crypto payment gateway here!