WordPress is a leading platform for building and maintaining websites that does not require advanced knowledge of programming or coding. WordPress enables users to create custom websites by utilizing built-in tools and ready-made designs. WooCommerce is a special plugin for WordPress that facilitates the creation of eCommerce stores for millions of merchants around the world. WooCommerce is praised as one of the most user-friendly solutions for eCommerce businesses. Here is the list of reasons why you should try using WooCommerce if you are thinking of establishing an online presence for your business:
- WooCommerce’s flexibility is unmatched thanks to the massive selection of themes and applications users can integrate to make their stores look truly unique.
- The platform lets users deploy and manage their stores absolutely for free.
- WooCommerce has an intuitive SEO tool, as well as a plethora of other relevant extensions for marketing purposes.
- Stores that run on WooCommerce are fast-loading and do not have any interruptions or freezes, thanks to the platform’s efficient infrastructure.
- WooCommerce is by far the most popular CMS solution out there, and it holds a market share of over 50%.
- The platform does not impose any restrictions on the types of products you can sell, so merchants are free to feature both physical and digital products, as well as to offer services. For instance, WooCommerce has special booking plugins for hotels.
Accepting crypto payments has never been easier! NOWPayments’ WooCommerce Plugin allows websites built on WordPress to accept payments in over 150 popular cryptocurrencies! The list is growing weekly.
If you are interested in implementing our payment solution, check out this easy step-by-step tutorial:
- Step 1. Create a NOWPayments account. You can do this via this link.
- Step 2. Configure your store settings: specify wallet address and generate an API Key.
- Step 3. Generate an IPN secret Key in the Store settings. Please copy it and save in a secure place.
- Step 4. Download the WooCommerce plugin from the NOWPayments website and upload it to your WooCommerce website.
Here’s how to do that:
- Step 5. Go to wordpress.com, log in to your account and proceed to the Plugins section on the left menu.
- Step 6. Click on “Plugins” on the top of the page, click on “Upload plugin”, and choose one named “nowpayments.io Gateway for WooCommerce”. Activate it.
- Step 7. Choose a WooCommerce section on the left menu and then “Settings”.
- Step 8. On the top section, choose “Payments” and search for the “nowpayments.io” payment method. Click the “Manage” button there.
- Step 9. Insert your API and IPN secret key from NOWPayments.io into designated fields and click “Save changes” at the bottom of the page.
- Step 10. Click “Save changes.” Now you can accept crypto on WooCommerce!
Hit us up at [email protected] if you have any questions, and follow us on social media:
Editorial’s note: This article has been originally published in May 2019, and has been updated with the actual info regarding the installation of the WooCommerce plugin.