The young cryptocurrency ApeCoin is gaining popularity among well-known brands. Thanks to such hyped NFT projects as Bored Ape Yach Club (BAYC) from Yuga Labs, many companies are starting to accept the APE token for payment along with Bitcoin and other leading coins.
The famous Italian fashion house Gucci announced that APE would be available as a payment method in some stores. The Swiss luxury watch manufacturer Tag Heuer has announced that it is ready to accept payment in ApeCoin for its Connected E4 NFT watches. What are the benefits of APE payments, and how to start accepting them with NOWPayments? Read on.
- ApeCoin is a promising token whose ecosystem continues to lead at the top of the rating.
- Thanks to many partnerships and publicity among celebrities, APE has gained unprecedented popularity and is an ideal payment option.
- Business owners can accept APE payments using a variety of integration tools.
What is ApeCoin crypto?
ApeCoin is a native token of the APE ecosystem from Yuga Labs, the startup that released the Bored Ape Yacht Club, Mutant Ape Yacht Club, and Bored Ape Kennel Club NFT collections. To date, BAYC is the most famous and reviewed NFT collection, which constantly attracts the attention of users. In addition, the APE token was created as a governance token within the ApeCoin DAO. Token holders receive voting power and can participate in the ecosystem’s development and influence the project’s future fate. Moreover, APE holders get access to exclusive privileges, such as games, events, various airdrops, and much more. APE has become the main unit of account and medium of exchange for all products and services in the APE ecosystem. Last but not least, the purpose of ApeCoin is to be a gaming cryptocurrency. APE has become the central token within the Otherside metaverse. The APE token allows users to buy and sell game items in the Otherside metaverse.
What are the benefits of ApeCoin payments?
The Bored Ape Yacht Club collection is considered a kind of Bitcoin in the NFT world. This is the collection that everyone has seen at least once, regardless of whether they are familiar with cryptocurrencies or not. Apes have become unrealistically popular with celebrities as unique avatars. Holders of Yuga Labs tokens are Elon Musk, Snoop Dogg, Mike Shinoda, Eminem, and many others. The total sales of BAYC’s NFT collection have reached $2.29 billion. And the following collections of MAYC and BAKC, in total, sold for almost $2 billion. The company also bought the rights to the famous NFT collections CryptoPunks and Meebits.
APE is the native token of the sensational Apes NFTs. That is, it is not just another shit coin but a well-known and in-demand digital asset with an appropriate market value. Today, APE occupies the 32nd line of the CoinMarketCap rating, overtaking well-established cryptocurrencies such as AXS, MANA, CHZ, SAND, and so on.
APE is a governance token within the ApeCoin DAO and the APE Foundation. This allows the APE community to determine the future direction of the ecosystem. All holders of APE tokens can participate in the protocol’s governance through ApeCoin DAO. In addition, the DAO is responsible for allocating funds for ecosystem projects, choosing partnerships, and setting rules. Thus, the holders of ApeCoin are a kind of privileged caste endowed with the right to vote to decide the future of a well-known project. Usually, such communities are especially welcoming to those who promote their native token. Therefore, by accepting APE as a payment option, you can be sure that the word-of-mouth effect will work in your favor, and you will attract thousands of new customers.
APE is actively used to promote the concept of the metaverse. Despite the overwhelming success of the NFT collections, Yuga Labs did not stop and announced their next project — the Otherside metaverse, which was launched at the end of April. According to the developers, Otherside will be able to process more than 500 billion operations per second, providing an unprecedented gameplay scale. Of course, after the demo video, the cost of the NFT collection rose to $430 thousand (minimum price), and the ApeCoin token created specifically for internal calculations soared from $1 to $18 in the first 10 minutes. In addition, Yuga announced the sale of the virtual lands “Otherdeeds”, not via a classic Dutch auction but at a fixed cost of 305 ApeCoin.
ApeCoin is not only about the APE ecosystem. Observing the growing popularity of the token, many third-party developers decided to introduce APE into their ecosystems. For example, the play-to-earn mobile game Benji Bananas has implemented the APE token as an incentive. Thus, token holders can earn this highly profitable asset by playing their favorite game. This collaboration was widely publicized among the crypto community and attracted new users to the game.
How can I accept ApeCoin crypto payments?
NOWPayments is the leading crypto payment gateway when it comes to security, reliability, fees, and payouts. Our service allows merchants to start accepting APE tokens and other cryptocurrencies using one of the integration tools:
- eCommerce plugins: These plugins are compatible with PrestaShop, WooCommerce, Magento 2, WHMCS, OpenCart, Zen Cart, Shopify, and Shopware.
- Payment Link and a PoS terminal: Businesses can use a payment link and a virtual Point-of-Sale terminal.
- Recurring Payments: Some companies may deploy special recurring invoices.
- Custodial Recurring payments: It allows companies to set up separate billing accounts for their customers and let them top up these accounts with the cryptocurrency of their choice.
- API: NOWPayments’ versatile API enables businesses to create custom crypto payment solutions.
- Payouts: You can send mass payouts as a salary, bonus, reward, or rebate automatically to as many addresses as you wish.
Follow these steps to use your API and accept APE:
- Create your NOWPayments account.
- Navigate to the “Settings” >> “Payment Settings” section.
- Specify your ApeCoin crypto address and generate a new API key.
- Once you have your API key, you can pick a payment gateway of your choice.
- You also can explore the API documentation here to learn more about NOWPayments’ API features.
The API is the essential component of NOWPayments’ APE payment gateway solution. Accept APE payments via our API.